Low Energy Neurofeedback System (LENS) is a unique type of neurofeedback that gently and effectively nudges the brain out of maladaptive brainwave patterns it is stuck in. Allowing it to self-regulate, restore homeostasis and reset itself for optimal performance.
Neuroscientists believe that the brain’s defenses against stressors and trauma can create a “neural gridlock.” LENS works around these blockages. Addressing the brain in its own electromagnetic language. LENS allows the brain to “reboot,” restoring optimal functioning.
LENS therapy can help any one of any age struggling with neurological issues, mental health, sleep, cognitive and emotional issues and aliments of many kinds. Clients with traumatic brain injuries have experienced relief from symptoms quickly and permanently. LENS Neurofeedback is not a specific treatment for any single condition but an advanced therapy known to improve brain function.
Lens drains the swamp of the trauma without having to revisit it. We have all experienced traumatic life events. Whether that is physical, mental or emotional trauma. These experiences can create suppression in the brain. LENS has the ability to help release suppression giving the brain an opportunity to “reorganize” allowing for more flexibility. LENS allows the physiology to see itself. Unlike traditional neurofeedback, we are not telling the brain to do anything. The physiology is in charge. The brain chooses the reorganization, not the provider.
The LENS works well with problems of the Central Nervous System.
- Pain – Brain-generated pain (mis-mapping the origins and qualities of signals), and vascular pain, headaches and migraines.
- Addictions/Dependencies – Lack of clarity about emotions and self-comforting, defensiveness, argumentativeness and cynicism.
- Performance Optimization – Increases in functioning in the above areas in absence of any diagnosis
- Organic Brain Conditions – ADD, ADHD, the autism spectrum, and cerebral palsy. (These are all signs of Central Nervous System dysfunction which result in the body’s difficulty regulating itself)
- Concussion and Traumatic Brain Injury – The LENS works extremely well with the symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injury, no matter how long ago the incident occurred. The trauma can be from a physical blow, a concussive injury, a psychological incident (PTSD), or any other incident(s) which results in a decrease in cognitive ability.
- Cognition – Problems sequencing, memory, providing and maintaining attention, concentration, clarity and organization.
- Mood – Anger, depression, sadness, explosiveness, PMS, PTSD and Trauma, Birth Trauma, Symptoms and emotional disturbances.
- Motor – Lack of grace, problems of eye-hand coordination, balance and tremor.
- Motivation – Problems initiating tasks, shifting from one activity to another, and/or completing tasks, attention deficits.
- Anxiety – Problems of anxiety system activity (too much uncomfortably-contained energy), persistent “anxiety”, restlessness, hyper-vigilance, rumination, agitation, distractibility, difficulty breathing, palpitations, tremor exacerbation, and sleep interruption/ nightmares.
- Fatigue – Fatigue & various sleep disorders.
- Reactivity – Hyper-reactivity, hypersensitivity, multiple chemical sensitivities, Reactive Attachment and Bipolar Disorders.
Our central nervous system is the command center for so many of our bodies other processes. In our frenetic world, our nervous systems can get stuck in patterns of fight, flight or freeze. We are dysregulated. LENS helps to improve the central nervous system back into self-regulation. Clearing the landscape for allowing you to be the best version of yourself you can be. LENS can also be helpful in maintaining good brain function as people age. In just a few sessions, clients often experience better focus, increased energy and improved mood. Anxiety and depression symptoms lift. Insomniacs can sleep. Children and adults with ADD or ADHD are able to focus. Person’s fear diminishes, athletes perform better, artists create and quality of life enhances.
Our physiology is brilliant! We just have to remove the blocks and then allow the body to do its thing.
When someone suffers trauma, be it emotional or physical, or becomes neurophysiologically imbalanced, neurofeedback may be of enormous benefit to help them reclaim their potential. Although, it won’t make someone smarter, faster, or better than they are physically or genetically capable, neurofeedback can bring back their best.”–OchsLabs